The famous "ass-attack" strikes again!

Well, I just played the Ramelle-SPR scenario once again in a long time. I played the Amis. I got my butt kicked pretty royally, but I did manage a Minor Tactical Victory due to the kill ratio I believe. My aircover did a number of some infantry I believe. But anyway, here's the source of the topic of the thread.

I'm down to just Cpl. Jackson (the sharpshooter) and Cpt. Miller, plus one or two men left in two squads somewhere in town. I run both Miller and Jackson back to the "Alamo" and one remaining Tiger is still roaming around. I immobilized the other with a "sticky bomb" (rifle grenade). wink.gif It was the last turn of the game, Turn 15 and the last Tiger was near the bridge, just like the film and it started across...but ass first! biggrin.gif Maybe it was trying to keep its frontal armor toward town from where the planes would keep coming from, but who knows. I watched it and I laughed, "Hey it's the famous ass-attack!"

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LOOONG life!"--Minsc, BGII

"Boo points, I punch."--Minsc, BGII

"Buttkicking for goodness!"--Minsc, BGII

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 01-19-2001).]

Yep--just had this happen to me yesterday, too.

I can understand if the AI had a little problem with the bridge in the Ramelle scenario, but this was a Jackson TD doing the Moon Walk across a wide open field.

Fortunately, it's a rare occurence!

------------------

Dar

Did you have Miller shoot at it? I loved seeing how close to the movie I could play it. I pulled off a draw, but held the bridge with Miller and a zook.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska