Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Remote Controlled Demolition vehicles and fortifications. Not necessarily together.

I have no idea how the Germans used the remote controlled demolition vehicles to clear paths through minefields and it may be outside the scope of CM. So I guess my first question is how were these used and are they outside the scope of CM? If not might we see them in CM2 or later?

In regards to fortifications it might be interesting to include more types of fortifications besides the two bunkers there are now. There is nothing wrong with there bunkers, but I was wondering if it might be possible to include bunkers which are set into the side of a hill for example. I don't think it would really change to much but it might be a fun thing to add to the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Enoch:

I have no idea how the Germans used the remote controlled demolition vehicles to clear paths through minefields and it may be outside the scope of CM. So I guess my first question is how were these used and are they outside the scope of CM? If not might we see them in CM2 or later?

In regards to fortifications it might be interesting to include more types of fortifications besides the two bunkers there are now. There is nothing wrong with there bunkers, but I was wondering if it might be possible to include bunkers which are set into the side of a hill for example. I don't think it would really change to much but it might be a fun thing to add to the game.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Germans used them by simply driving into a minefield and detonating them. The concussion from the blast detonates mines within a certain radius, not sure how much, or else mangles their fuzes. Modern armies use the same principle with the Mine Clearing Line Charge, which is basically a firehose with explosives placed along it it. It is attached to a small rocket and let go over a minefield. When it is detonated, it leaves a path that is almost certainly clear of mines, but everyone runs a mine plow through first just to be sure.

They could be considered outside the scope of CM, but they were used enmasse at Kursk with the Ferdinands. They weren't terribly effective as the majority of Ferdinands were destroyed by mines.

I'd like to second your new bunker idea. I think thats what most MG bunkers really were. Basically a foxhole on a hill with a log roof and maybe some piled in front. Alot oif times they had dirt piled on to stop shell splinters and make them harder to spot. The Russians were masters of camoflauging their bunkers.

[ 06-15-2001: Message edited by: panzerwerfer42 ]