Eliminated units

I think it would be interesting if a infantry unit could only be deemed eliminated if another infantry unit passed within 10 meters, perhaps some of the men could still fire weapons even though most of the unit was renedered combat ineffective..however armor units wouldn't fire at the alleged eliminated unit since it has little combat threat value. Also it would be cool to see parachutes falling or something like that...just my opinion..not sure if such ideas are noteworthy, just some ideas..

I was thinking of something similar. The owning player would not know how many guys was left himself once the unit started getting depleted and was beyond command radius.

I think that units out of command radius should be 'fogged' so that the player doesnt have as much knowledge or control over them during the orders phase. These fogged units dont share LOS lines or spotted units either. It would be a nice way to curtail the shared knowledge bank. The TACAI would make the decisions for them (if there was anyone left).

So lets say a player gamily runs a unit into enemy lines so as to find out whats over there.

The shot up recon guys will blink into ? mark status after being whacked (and all spotted enemy are not reported on screen). The owning player loses control and wont find out the status of the unit till a 'good order' unit can see them. Units with radios might not be so susceptible.

Basically, I think that too many battles get the 'army soldiers syndrome'. Thats when the little plastic guys fight to the last man. Also the level of synchronization is way off. Its more like football than battle.

But these are just ideas. Some people get off on Mods and I get off on ideas. And others like things just the way they are and will give weak arguments why there shouldnt even be an option for whatever they cant get their minds around.

Lewis

Thank you for your kind opinion, a good game shouldn't just depend on looks, a game that simulates war as well as combat mission should employ the ideas you expressed, to enhance the reality of the game, and reduce the plastic soldiers syndrome that you described.

Brandon Kutka

------------------