PANZERTRUPPEN, please make us a replacement building rubble texture!

I was never one to criticize the original artwork much, but after applying mod after wonderful mod over the past several months, I have higher expectations.

Apologies in advance to whoever created it, but the standard building rubble texture is crude and ugly, and more importantly, looks starkly out of place on my lovely battlefields.

I now openly plead for a high-res replacement from whomever can do it right. I wanted to publicly give the nod of confidence to Panzertruppen because of his wonderful prior building work.

It (the original rubble), was probably okay for its time. But we've surpassed that now. Truely, we need some nicely worked rubble.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Guest KwazyDog

The hardest part of upgrading the current rubble is that it is currently just a 2D texture with no 3D depth, so there isnt a lot you can do from that perspective. What could be done is a higher res texture which would have more defination.

I sometimes wonder if people realise that each higher res texture does cause a speed hit though, to be honest. I had to do a clean CM reinstall the other day and was suprised at the difference in FPS. This was on a 900mhz system with a GTS2 card, too.

Needless to say Ive cropped back on some of the higher res textures I was using smile.gif. That is just personal preference though, I have always that found a smooth framerate is a better trade off against image quality for me.

Dan

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 01-15-2001).]