Question on PBEM

I can't seem to get the PBEM files to load. All I get is gibberish in wordpad.

Thanks for any asistance.

And yes, I am a rank newbie here in CM and have never played any game via PBEM.

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

[This message has been edited by pathfinder (edited 06-09-2000).]

LOL, first thing you do not open the Word Pad file unless you can read gibberish. What you do is save the file into the PBEM file located in your Combat Mission Demo file, from there you go into Combat Mission and Click "Join MultiPlayer", then "Load Email", then it will show you all of th files located in your "PBEM" file, if you had previously saved the PBEM wordpad file in there all you need to do in double click on that, then you are taken to the password part, whether or not you have a password its up to you from their.

Guest Offwhite

I had a fair bit of trouble getting files to load after opening them in Wordpad too. Finally figured out that my Web mail service DID have a download button that allowed me to put the files directly into the PBEM folder without any of the copy/paste/save-as hassle. Like Screamin D. said, don't even open them if you can avoid it.

Screamin' Demon knows that I have had a similar problem with Yahoo mail. I have found the solution is to right click on the attachment and select "Save target As." You can then save it in your PBEM file.

S.D. Turn coming up momentarily!

------------------

Formerly known as not THE Charles from BTS