Wild Bill's Saving Private Ryan Scenario

Guest Bad Ju Ju

Guest Bad Ju Ju

I'm just beginning to venture from the wonderful assortment of scenarios which shipped with CM and downloaded a few posted on CMHQ. I just finished Mr. Wilder's "Saving Private Ryan" mission, recreating the battle from the end of the film. What a gas! Thanks, Bill. Talk about an ominous feeling at the start of an engagement! While liberties are understandably taken, the scenario captures the feel of the movie pretty well. I was able to "save" Jimmy Ryan but, as in the film, not Captain Miller--and I was only able to gain a "draw." Fun, fun, fun....Gawd I love this game. Thanks again Bill.

------------------

"I didn't go to evil medical school for six years to be called MR. Evil." Dr. Evil

[This message has been edited by Bad Ju Ju (edited 07-30-2000).]

Thank you, Bad JuJu! Keep putting those good hexes on my stuff biggrin.gif

I appreciate that. Considering the limits of the editor, I was uncertain as to whether I could do that noble film justice.

Though a small scenario, it took MANY hours of work...many eek.gif

But it was worth it! I've played it dozens of times myself just because its fun and it reminds of those gripping battle scenes at the last.

You did well if you saved Jimmy Ryan. That was your mission.

Thanks again. We'll do more.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

I have to agree. That scenario was great. Made me realize for the first time how useful veteran troops were. Got 20+ kills with two of the infantry troops, along with kills on all the armor. Lost a lot of men, but damned was it satisfying to check their stats at the end. Too bad Sarge bought it, liked the guy, but at least Ryan and Miller survived. Great Scen. Wild Bill, keep 'em coming.

------------------

Upon the fields of friendly strife, are sown the seeds of Victory.

---Douglas McArthur