Truck Muck

Okay, since it's a slow morning at the asylum. I've noted that CM uses a 3D image of what appears most closely to me, to be an American duce and a half (2 1/2 ton), truck for the Germans. Somebody watched Battle of the Bulge with Charles Bronson. smile.gif

Now, the closest vehicle in the German inventory I can find that approaches this silhouette is a 6.5 ton Buessing NAG truck of the 650 series. Maybe the Krupp 3 ton 6x4 or the Henschel type 33G1, 6x4, 3 ton truck. But none of them really look like the truck image in CM, and that image has the distinct front grill and hood of a US manufactured, Dodge I believe, front end.

So much detail work has been put into the other assortment of vehicles in CM, right down to the Volkswagen Porsche type 82, (I won't even mention Hampsters peeking out of the hatches of Shermans ofcourse, hehe). But seriously, I'm amazed at the discriminatory treatment of the poor lowly truck who never hurt anyone. The workhorse if you will, of every army in the field.

I would have thought that at least the most common versions, like the Daimler-Benz, light cross-country truck, type G3a, or the Opel "Blitz", medium cross-country truck, 3.6-6700 Type A, if not the Krupp "Boxer" 6x4 Kfz 70, the most commonly produced soft skinned vehicle in the German inventory would have shown up. Personally, I'd like to see the Kfz 81, "leichter Flakkraftwagen", the prime mover for the 2cm Flak 30 on the field, but hey at this point...

Am I missing something, or do we need the ever present Tiger, Maximus, and the Mod Squad to set about to correct this obvious mistreatment of what every infantryman loved to see? A free ride to wherever it was he didn't want to go.

smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 09-30-2000).]

If you check the Mod section in MadMatts CMHQ (shameless plug for him!) there is a mod for a German truck. It's under Other Vehicles or something like that. I have it and it looks great!

------------------

"You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"

--Dr. Strangelove--

Thanks Emos, that was one I had missed? I read his readme file. Hmmm, I was right. Someone musta watched Bronson. smile.gif

Hmm, think'n maybe if they looked more authentic, there'd be less motivation to waste em careening around like recon vehicles. But, whatda I know.

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 09-30-2000).]