TacOps v406AB Patches Available

MajorH TacOps Developer

TacOps v406_AB update patches have been uploaded to the following support site.

http://www.tacops.us/support/

The Windows patch is titled "TacOps_406ABu.zip".

The Macintosh patch is titled "TacOps_406ABu.sit".

If you do not see those file names then hit the "Refresh" button on your web browser.

A. Download and then Unzip or Unstuff the patch file for your OS.

B. Then read and carefully follow the instructions contained in the file "Instructions & Copyright.txt". This is not an auto installer. You must manually copy/move each file from the patch folder to a precise location in your TacOps4 folder - so as to replace any files or folders of the same name.

This patch is only for the retail editions of TacOps v403 through v406AA. Do not apply this patch package to TacOps v3.x or to any military version of TacOps - permanent damage will result. This patch is comprehensive for TacOps v403 through v406AA so there is no need to retain or install any previous patch.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Below are the changes that have been made to the TacOps4 program since v406AA (the last official release).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

v406AB

Developer Initiative. Revised the Game Replay feature to reduce the delay between clicking on the skip forward and skip backward buttons and the actual display of the next or previous game turn. Also, if the skip forward or skip backward button is clicked during playback, the program will now pause the playback after completing the skip so that the user may choose to do additional skips before resuming playback.

User request. Added World War Two air strikes to the "Options/Change Air Support" window. Added a sound effect for World War Two air strikes.

Developer Initiative. Deleted use of F16/18, AV8, and Mig air strike names. Program now just displays "Aircraft" or "Aircraft WW2".

User request. Added GM APC SdKfz251/10 (with 37mm gun), GM LUV Motorcycle Sidecar, and GM LUV Motorcycle Sidecar LMG.

User request. Added three generic World War Two artillery unit types to the unit database: Howitzer WW2 Light (approximately 75mm), Howitzer WW2 Medium (approximately 105mm), and Howitzer WW2 Heavy (approximately 155mm).

User request. Added three generic World War Two artillery types to the "Options/Change Arty Support" window: Howitzer WW2 Light (approximately 75mm), Howitzer WW2 Medium (approximately 105mm), and Howitzer WW2 Heavy (approximately 155mm).

Bug fix. While using the game replay feature, the program failed to remove smoke from the map if the user skipped one or more turns forward or backward, thus causing the replay to sometimes vary from what happened in the original game session.

Bug fix. The following items were sometimes wrongly excluded from the Unit Data Base window and the Add One Unit window: + Attachment Blade, + Attachment Mine Plow, + Attachment Mine Roller, and + Logistics Package.

Fantastic!!! Start the kids with Army men and 6 sided dice, then added armor and mech.

Now the little rascals are running full scale brigade sized ops and my future politicians are trying to negotiate a honourable peace between the 8th graders and the war hawks of the 7th grade.

We started with using TacOps modified to look like 17th century stand up and shoot, then added hummers with LMG to simulate cavalry. They formed squares before anyone even mentioned Napoleon or Waterloo.

They hated the WWI sim, couldnot see the point of sitting in a trench waiting for artie to get lucky.

WWII- was amazing, we simulated omaha and juno. The kids were staggered by the ability of a PKM (simulating MG-42) to hold a whole battalion up.

Vietnam- Frustrated them, even when they assaulted Hue city, "snipers are wiping us out coach." I gave them an ROE that forbade any leveling of blocks of houses just to take out 1 sniper. That and anti personnel mines drove them batty. They earned a new respect for Uncles, Dads, and Grandfathers who fought in South East Asia.

Overall, TacOps has made the club such a hit if I can put together a decent curriculum I am going to teach American Military History at the local Junior College. I have students working on the Dean of Academics.

so, yeah its working out GREAT!