points question (made my own map!!)

Guest dirkd1976

Guest dirkd1976

OK, quick question. I have created my own senario and I have the germans defending with 760 pts. How many should I give the americans to make it balanced? I really appreciate your feedback. If anyone wants to playtest this next week sometime, give me a yell and I'll ship it your way (german airborne defending a crossroads from american advance).

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

Here we go, fallschirmjagger again. Those guys are EVERYWHERE!!! frown.gif

Seriously though, I don't know how many points you want to give the Allies.

Do you want to make it "even", i.e. do you want a standstill at the end of the scenario?

If the Americans are supposed to break through, then give them more points.

Depends on the terrain, too, and how many fortifications the Germans have.

Guest dirkd1976

Are there alot or german airborne senarios out there? I may change it, still haven't made a final decision yet. I'd like it to be a stand still by the end, a nice close fight. Its a small map, mostly going to be an infantry battle. Any ideas?

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

Guest grunto

You need to give the Germans PZKs if there are going to be large numbers of American tanks. You can also edit the individual squads to have more 'Schrecks.

I like to give the Americans a weapons company. Add several M8 HMCs or Priests to that and it would be a good fight.

With the Americans I set the experience level to "Green" then after buying them, edit a few here and there to be regular and higher. It's fun to make one of the platoons better than average, with an elite hq, and then make another platoon almost if not entirely green. With a weapons company the units are different but it's the same concept - start with all green then sprinkle in a few regular, veteran, crack, and elite.

Andy