Scoring Points / Morale

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

Hi there all you lucky guys with the game!

I am still waiting for my long awaited CM to wind its way over here via Hong Kong.......sigh. I have some questions that i was hoping to find answers to in the manual..when i get it, meanwhile could anyone shed some light on the scoring system for me.

I know points are given for inflicting casualties and holding Victory flags, but what proportion of points are allocated ? For example, if a battle is quite even in PBEM and i wish to press for a win should i try to gain victory locations as a priority or to ignore the flags and go for maximum casualties?

Before someone suggests to do both....... i know that, but which carries more points? And which will effect my opponents morale more?

As for the units, do you score more points for destoying vehicles or infantry? In one PBEM game i am on the losing end (Sorry to say) and my global moral is dropping, i know that if my opponents morale is about 5 times more than mine the AI will surrender me (Probably) I still have my Panther G .....so, in order to bring his moral down thus avoiding AI surrender should i target his infantry with my Panther, or should i go hunting for his 2 shermans (Maybe wasting 2 turns or more). My questions relate to the game.....not to real life situations.

Sorry if i have rambled on a little bit but, well i have played the gold demo to death and i am getting bored reading all your questions about the scenarios...(Said with big round puppy dog eyes looking up and pleading for someone to to feel pity on me)

Note i did not use smilies.....don't want to offend you smilie haters!

Cheers

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

Was it something i said??????

------------------

J.V.Stalin, 1918

(p. 100) 'Victory points are awarded for the following: Control of victory flags. Casualties caused to the enemy [i assume equal to the purchase value of the unit for complete destruction, and prorated from there]. Captured enemy (counts double that of casualties). Exited units, generally worth 2-3 times the unit's purchase value (note: units eligible for exit that do not exit score points for the enemy). Any "bonus" set by the scenario designer.'

(p. 114) Large victory flags are worth 300 points, small ones are worth 100. Then there's the possible matter of "dynamic" victory flags (where either the attacker chooses one to be the "real" flag or else it's chosen randomly). The defender never knows which is real. Dynamic flags can't be used in Meeting Engagements.

Wendell

P.S.

Whoops, I didn't mention morale. I don't see anything in the manual about how to determine global morale in a mathematical manner (i.e. how much each unit is "worth" depending on what happens to it) though maybe I missed it. However, page 100 does state that if the losing side's global morale is 15% or less AND the other side's is at least four times as high then an Auto Surrender will occur.

[This message has been edited by WendellM (edited 07-31-2000).]

Wendell,

Thanks for looking up the info for me - much appreciated.

Anyone else have any comments?

CDIC

------------------

J.V.Stalin, 1918