Manual did not explain...

Hehe, I know the topic sounds worse then it really is biggrin.gif

Im not bashing the manual or anything, just that there is one certain thing that the manual didnt explain well enought for me to understand, so I thought the great guys at this forum might help. Anyways here is where im confused:

In the QUICK BATTLE section, it says

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Battle Type: Assault, Attack, Probe, or Meeting Engagement. This determines the force balancing (how many points the defender gets, how many the attacker), the map size, whether the defender may have fortifications, as well as victory flag placement.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now is it saying that depending on what battle type you choose the 2 forces may not have equal amount of points at disposal? Can someone explain this a bit better? I know what assault, attack and meeting engagement are, but I dont know what Probe is and how each of these affects the things it was explaining...

Also one more thing:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Force Size: 500-1000 points. These are the maximum points allowed for the DEFENDER.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm...Is it saying that even if you set it up to a 1500 point game the defender wont get to waste more then 1000 points? Or vice versa? Hehe

Any answers would be greatly appreciated. biggrin.gif

------------------

¤§ïѤ

If you make a Meeting Engagement QB. (1000)

Both sides = the same number of points.

If you make an Attack QB. (1000)

Defender = 1000 points

Attacker = 1500-1700 points

If you make an Assault QB. (1000)

Defender = 1000 points

Attacker = 2000-2200 points

I have no idea what the disposition of points are for a probe though. frown.gif

When you set the parameter for number of points. You are setting the bar for the how many points the defender gets.

The scenario type then takes that figure and roughly give the attacker 1.5 times the points for an attack and roughly 2 times the points for an assault.

(You won't be able to setup a 1500 point game until 1.3 version patch comes out.)

Hope that answers your questions.

------------------

BJ Simpson

Visit www.arrl.org for information about Ham Radio.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

AWESOME! Thats just the answer I was looking for! I still dont know what a probe is... Does anyone else know?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You won't be able to setup a 1500 point game until 1.3 version patch comes out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm I have version 1.02 of the game and I can setup a QB upto 5000

QB-Points.jpg

------------------

¤§ïѤ

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Airborne:

A Probe is an operation where you are attempting to find out about enemy dispostions--looking for weaks spots, etc.

Hope this helps a bit..

-------Chris

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but how does the game allot victory points in a Probe? And how is it different from an Advance? The manual does not (so far as I have been able to discover) define these terms.

Michael