Mod pack graphics

Hi,

I have just ordered the game and have noticed that there are some good looking mod packs out there. I have a question which I could not find an answer for in the mod pack readme files.

If you download and install umpteen modifications of vehicle graphics, e.g. the King Tiger, how does the program figure out which one to use? Logically you can only have one, perhaps two (winter, "summer"), which you will overwrite when you install a mod. Is that so? None of the readme file mentions the need for backup of the original game graphics.

This thread: http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/010399.html mentions a mod with separate file names for winter, implying that these graphics did not make it into the game (they must have been planned, as the program apparantly can handle the file names).

So, how does this work? I would like to know what the consequences are if/when I install the mods and which files I should backup.

Thanks.

Guest KwazyDog

Hi Robert wink.gif

As you add new mods, the previous ones get over written, so you really need to check out all the seperate packs, and keep the ones you like.

And funnily enough, the winter graphics where never intended to be included in CM, hehe. The code was put in place to handle them as a good natured gesture from BTS to the modders out there for future textures... smile.gif

Welcome,

Have a look into my Madmatt Mod Guide for agood overview on just about everything you want to know about mods.

Please note, its a little out of date on some of the mods as there have been many new vehicle mods submitted and posted since I wrote that.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing