Gun Fire

After Playing the game for 2hr i noticed when a soilder shots the enemy why does it take somthink like 100 shots to kill him

I love the game but haveing problems with this i shot u and i shot u again.

Also when a tank shot a soilder with the main gun dont the person die.

Can some one please ex this to me i will be very thankfull

The visual representation is an abstraction of the underlying 3D engine and physics. Thus what you see isn't necessarily what is happening. It just looked like the main gun hit the soldier. In reality it impacted 10-20 meters away. Turn the scaling to realistic to get a better idea of what is happening. And remember that they use 3 men to represent 7-12 men. You can't actually see them take hits.

------------------

"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." -Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Good posts in response to this, and please keep in mind that the game realistically treats the effects of weapons fire, and, unlike Cinema, a soldier didn't drop dead for every bullet fired. In true, REAL world combat, hundreds of rounds are fired for every soldier wounded, thousands for every soldier killed. A shell fired by an AFV isn't fielded like some kind of 'mortality football' by the troops it's fired at. The game takes into account all sorts of factors regarding exposure, cover,and real world physics, rather than the 'hey, I shot you, you're all dead' model of kids playing 'War' in the woods out back... smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

And because of the realistic treatment of weapon fire, it becomes more important to understand what makes a high-firepower shot, know where your troops are strongest, and compensate for their weaknesses. In a quick battle today, I had a whole platoon of American infantry waiting when a 1945 SS Rifle squad entered the same building. They were full strength when they came in (8 men), and it only took about 30 seconds of firing for me to wipe them out without loss. If you set up a high firepower shot on a disadvantaged opponent, you will see massive casualties in a short period.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cybeq:

The visual representation is an abstraction of the underlying 3D engine and physics. Thus what you see isn't necessarily what is happening. [...]. And remember that they use 3 men to represent 7-12 men. You can't actually see them take hits.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually you do see them taking hits. Use realistic scaling and get to view #2 or even #1. When someone in the squad dies the 'men' representation take a backward bow as if someone was punched hard.