DD Snow Pack -- Help??

I'm running the Beta #23patch for my snow battle game, so am almost current. I also have the 1.05 patch installed for another PBEM which is not in the snow. All the other hi-res mods, including the DD grass I tried, run fine on my system, which includes a PIII 600.

I've read that CM won't load hi-res mods for some people with low end systems, but that shouldn't be the case here.

I'm puzzled. If I dump the DD hi-res files files in the CM BMP folder, wouldn't that replace the old snow files? How can they even be available to load in place of DD's files?

Anyway, I hope someone can help me out. That old snow really looks cheesy.

Thanks for any help.

Jake

The .exe files for both 1.05 and the beta (shame on you, you should have the 1.b24 by now) need to be in the same directory as the Bitmaps directory, or they won't find the files. It almost sounds like you copied the mods into a different bitmap directory.

I'll be back in my regular turret by Friday and we can upgrade our PBEM in progress to 1.b24 immediately, if you like. It seems to be working well, so far. Tell your troops to enjoy what remains of their little lives.

DD, I did download both the hi and low res files, but did not use your trees. I'll try again this evening.

Mark IV, a song snippet for you from "Starship Trooper" --

"Crawling out from little holes, their morals disappear..."

Not that you ever had any morals to begin with... biggrin.gif I wondered what rock you were hiding under trying to avoid your imminent defeat at the hands of The Lawyer. My turns sent to you remain unanswered.

------------------

Only the Lawyer knows what Evil lurks in the minds of men....

The ONLY way textures won't show up is if they aren't in the correct folder. If they are in the Bmp folder within the Cmbo folder, they will show up no matter what because that is where CM looks for them. If they are just within the Cmbo folder, they won't show up. They must be in the Bmp folder.

The game cannot revert back to old textures if they have been overwritten, no?