New site dedicated to After Action Reports!!

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Hello folks

I have long wanted to make a webpage dedicated to good AAR`s. A page where you can read good detailed AAR`s and see great looking pictures. Does this sound good to you?

I have only made 1 AAR so far and its not very detailed at all. But its basicly there to test out that way of making a webpage. So tell me if you like it or not. I have several pbem battles going, and I will make more detailed AAR`s with them. So I hope you will all enjoy this new page dedicated to CM AAR`s only. Tell me if you like this format or not.

More AAR`s will be up in the near future.

Here is the URL: http://home.online.no/~andhess/cm/

Best regards,

Heinz

------------------

"To subdue your enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Guest Madmatt

Errr, clicking the Enter Button gives a page not found error.

I wish you luck, running a CM website (or any site I would think) can be a boon and a curse. But when you get your inbox filled with compliments and ideas it does feel pretty good.

Once you get all the startup bugs you may want to join up to the Combat Mission Ring. We would be happy to have you.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Guest Madmatt

Doh! I see the problem, change the slash behind the "cm" portion in your link.

They should all be "/" and you have it as "\". While IE can handle those reversed slashes, Netscape (being the steamy pile of crap that it is) seems to choke on them quite regularly.

Also seems like some of you other pages also use the forward instead of back slash. You will want to change those as well.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 07-20-2000).]

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Hello guys

Thank you Madmatt for pointing out those errors. I think I have got them all fixed by now. I didnt discover the errors since I run IE and not Netscape. But we live and we learn. wink.gif

The page is now readable for all browsers. (Hopefully)

Best regards,

Heinz

Btw, do you like the layout?

------------------

"To subdue your enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Guest Rollstoy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Netscape (being the steamy pile of crap that it is)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I strongly suspect that your offensive statement is based on the fact that you use a microsoft product to produce html code which violates html conventions to harm non-MS browsers. If this is indeed the case then you might reconsider what is a steamy pile of crap and what is not.

Regards, Thomm

Great work Heinz wink.gif

Made me wish even more I had the game by now...

Maybe in the future it would be cool with an overview map (birds-eye perspective) showing the (major) forces' moves etc...

BR,

Rune "Buzzer" Haugan

Heinz,

You beat me to the punch! I enjoy reading AAR's that are published to the net. Not only are people creative but it also opens a window of learning.

I shall support your site with content.

I like the layout and the targetting site is a nice touch! It loads quickly on a slow connection too!

One thing that isn't quite working yet (might be on my end) is that the thumbnail pictures don't load. What I mean is: a new window pops up, the loading bar progresses, but when it is finished, there is no picture there. I've tried all of them on your sample AAR. Same result.

I'll email you with some details on my current AAR.

------------------

BJ Simpson

Visit www.arrl.org for information about Ham Radio.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Hi guys

Thx for your nice words folks!

I am working on another AAR right now. Its a PBEM battle with me against Jeff N, and the scenario is Bruyeres. It will be much more detailed than the previous AAR, and it will include overhead maps with all the forces.

Is anyone else having problems viewing the thumbnail pictures? They work ok with IE, but I dont know about Netscape.

Regards,

Heinz

------------------