Do you use sneak/crawl? How?

Having established a personal style of using move commands, I found out that IMO "crawl" is virtually useless and "sneak" only good for certain purposes like moving the bazooka to get that flank shot.

I searched for canned wisdom and found very little. I am sure more experienced CMers can help the rest of us improve, so may I ask you:

- Do you use "sneak" and "crawl"? When?

Thanks

------------------

The best things in life are sniped at...

I find that using crawl to move your arty spotter to that juicy LOS position very close to the enemy works like a charm...

sometimes you can even crawl across open ground without the enemy seeing you.

makes my arty VERY effective...

used it to great effect with my 300mm rocket FO against the AI today in a QB

he killed 84 infantry and 2 vehicles

------------------

Wof, wof, wof, wof... Thats my other dog imitation.

I'm far from an expert, but here's my thinking. What's the ideal situation to be it? I think it's this : His army can't see my army, but I can see his, because I've hidden my guys and have snuck and crawled to good observation points. Once I've seen his disposition I sneak my forces into an ideal position and attack en masse. That's the theory, of course it never works out that way. But I use sneak and crawl to these ends, yes. Also run and move.

DeanCo--

On thing i like to do (although giving up this info might hurt me in my pbem games) is RUN guys, in half squads, up to forward positions to where I am fairly certain the enemy has spotted me but not identified me., and then I will sneak a retreat and off to reinforce another area, the result is several "last seen" counters of a platoon strength or greater in a area. Causing the other player to hold units and reserves in the area to defend against them. Also, more than once...they have wasted lots of arty shelling a position I am no longer in. When the units are finaly brought in as the reserves, it is in a position they were not, and results in a breach of their lines in an assault of superior number of troops.

I also (during setup) look through my platoon leaders to find the leader with the best stealth to pull off this move. The leaders with high combat/Moral I place in my front line fighting force. It helps a lot for pulling off sneaky moves.

-MT

------------------

"Out of fuel, become a pillbox. Out of ammo, become a bunker. Out of time, become heros"