Civilians and Refugees

Have you thought of putting civilians in the game? Hundreds of people streaming along a road could be a major hassle in a scenario.

I think the Allies had to deal with this much of the time.

There could also be a count of dead civilians for each side at the end of a scenario, I don't know how that could be taken into account when determining who is the "winner". I am sure some people wouldn't care, though.

Civilians would be men, women, children, with loads on their backs, pulling hand carts, with horse carts (very rare), on bicycles...

I thought I should just throw that in to see what the reaction will be.

Do a search on 'civilian'. This topic arose just days ago.

If I recall, the short time span of the game combined with excessive processor hogging and the potential for game-based war crimes have combined to eliminate this as a possibility for CM.

Check out the search engine, though.

GAFF

I am in Halifax now, originally from Ottawa, Ontario. My wife just graduated as a teacher and I am an Oracle DBA, so who knows I might move around in the near future.

I have played Squad Leader since before it was called ASL, and I learned yesterday that Hasbro owns ASL?!! What the !#$^? What happened to Avalon Hill, do they still exist?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patboivin:

I am in Halifax now, originally from Ottawa, Ontario. My wife just graduated as a teacher and I am an Oracle DBA, so who knows I might move around in the near future.

I have played Squad Leader since before it was called ASL, and I learned yesterday that Hasbro owns ASL?!! What the !#$^? What happened to Avalon Hill, do they still exist?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Dotts sold AH to Hasbro, mmm, last year I guess it was. Hasbro's plan supposedly was to retain some of AH's bigger titles and release other games under the AH nameplate. A group called Multi-Man Publishing (including Perry Cocke, Curt Schilling, Brian Youse, etc.) has taken over development for ASL under an agreement with Hasbro. They've released a few new historical modules and are working on Armies of Oblivion and a new edition of the ASLRB. Website is www.advancedsquadleader.com . More recently MMP has acquired rights to several other AH and related titles such as Bitter Woods and the GCACW series.

You may have heard about Hasbro's "Computer Squad Leader" project -- if you're an ASL fan, don't even go and look. Just pretend you never heard about it, and walk away. You'll be happier.

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley