Building-to-Building LOS

Arbie

Sometimes I have a squad in a building (light or heavy, ground floor) and the enemy also has a squad ground floor in an nearby building. Why can his men see and fire on mine, but mine can't see his? Does anything depend on the exact placement of my men (doesn't seem to...)

In general, LOS from within buildings although addressed in the manual is not clear enough to me... I also wonder about the view from a second floor. It seems far less expansive than I would expect.

Thanks for any clarifications

Arbie

If, for example, your squad were suppressed, they might be unable to see an enemy squad, while it is able to see them. Also, your opponent could be area-targetting the building without being able to see your actual squad.

LOS from buildings depends on how close your unit is to the wall, and spotting ability depends on a lot of things, including unit experience, unit size, suppression level etcetera.

David

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

[This message has been edited by David Aitken (edited 09-12-2000).]

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

...spotting ability depends on a lot of things, including unit experience, unit size, suppression level etcetera.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

An important inclusion to the "etcetera" is fatigue level. If your guys are all fagged out from running a couple hundred meters, they won't do anything as well as when they are rested, including spotting.

Michael