List of Weapon & Unit Descriptions?

Is there a list of unit types and a description of weapons anywhere? Some times when looking at German unit types I have no idea what the name means.

Also, what is a recoiless rifle for? (Other than drawing enemy fire :)

In addition to better understanding, I think descriptions of the unit types and weapons would add to the enjoyment.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WSCFan:

Is there a list of unit types and a description of weapons anywhere? Some times when looking at German unit types I have no idea what the name means.

Also, what is a recoiless rifle for? (Other than drawing enemy fire :)

In addition to better understanding, I think descriptions of the unit types and weapons would add to the enjoyment.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While within the game, click on a unit, and hit return. Detailed unit info pops up. If you want more info on weapons and such, do a search (I know this is getting to be rather daunting, with the number of posts). There's some great discussions, and some excellent weblinks to sites with info. There's been several posts on a site with rather detailed but readily available info on a number of German weapons, but I can't find the URL right now. I'm sure someone will be along in a few minutes and post it, if it hasn't been done by the time I finish typing this!

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

A recoiless rifle is a direct fire weapon meant to knock-out bunkers and buildings. The 90mm RR is still used by the Ranger Battalions today. During Operation Just Cause, one of my friends who was stationed there used one. He was cited with the Army Commendation Medal with Valor insignia for his actions.

He was in the scout platoon of the airborne battalion in the Panama brigade. A three-story building was giving them trouble. While his friends were being shot around him, he set the rifle up and fired it. He hit the corner of the building, collapsing it. No one inside survived.