Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

IWM Trip III - WARNING BANDWITH

Guest Germanboy

Guest Germanboy

Okay, some of the pictures scanned darkishly, but that is all I have time for tonight. Because of editing I had to break up the post into three.

IWM01.jpg

The shifty looking individuals are the residents of the Home for Mentally Disturbed Grogs Chiswick: Coralsaw, Peter_Sheepshagger, Kumbaya and the Dr. - Dr. Who? Exactly... Oh, and Willie Pusher II, the Sherman. Don't ask what happened to Willie Pusher I...

IWM02.jpg

Me (1.82m, 6 feet tall) and a 15" round that did not rain down on some unsuspecting members of my grandfather's generation.

iwm03.jpg

The 'running' HMG team (snicker, gargle, laugh) - clearly these are 'good Germans'. Sorry for the in-joke to all those who don't understand...

IWM04.jpg

My baby, the modern-day 20mm twin AA gun by Rheinmetall.

IWM05.jpg

A column of Buffaloes and some Tommies or Canucks motoring through the Netherlands. Did I ever mention I really want these in CMBO? With or without MG, I could not care less!

------------------

Andreas

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 10-15-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

IWM20.jpg

25pdr (stop drooling Senility), 88mm field-gun in desert camo. Notice the swivel wheel underneath the gun. That must have come in handy when those pesky German tanks broke through again.

IWM21.jpg

Peter standing next to a 150mm ricket launcher.

IWM22.jpg

Willie Pusher II - Sherman 75mm.

IWM23.jpg

These two pictures are for Bullethead - it is the trailer and the gun belonging to it, a French 75mm from WW I. If you read Rommel 'Infantry Attacks', this is what he is complaining about WRT French arty. One of the first modern guns, rapid-firing, low recoil, very accurate.

The gun.

IWM24.jpg

The trailer.

IWM25.jpg

Welding over shot-traps on the Sherman.

Guest Germanboy

IWM13.jpg

14cm (60pdr?) UK arty piece from WW2.

IWM14.jpg

Targeting on 50mm PAK38 in close-up. Notice the simplicity. The small wheels behind the black thing were presumably used to set a fixed range.

IWM15.jpg

Targeting equipment on 50mm PAK38 in relation to gun.

IWM16.jpg

25pdr (88mm) from front below. Clearly they expected to use it in DF mode every so often, notice the observation hole in the shield.

IWM18.jpg

The famous 150mm ricket launcher, aka Nebelwerfer, aka Moaning Minnie.

IWM19.jpg

Iannos next to the Churchill (stop drooling Senileech) fooling around with the digital camera

------------------

Andreas

Guest Germanboy

IWM06.jpg

Interior of the Jagdpanther, notice the Nahverwatzigungswatze in the upper right-hand corner.

IWM07.jpg

Front of the Jagdpanther, mantlet, MG cupola, vision slit. Notice the Zimmerit anti-AT-mine coating.

IWM08.jpg

Kumbaya looking solemn as only man can look who just punched a hole into a Jagdpanther. Final proof that Peter_Sheepmangler might be younger than me, but I have more hair.

IWM09.jpg

The Daimler AC - what a lovely instrument of death, destruction and Recce from behind.

IWM10.jpg

The Daimler AC - what a lovely instrument of death, destruction and Recce.

IWM11.jpg

The tidy marshal's tidy Grant.

IWM12.jpg

Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda, won't you come waltzing with me?

------------------

Andreas