Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

What is a "ladder game" ??

Hi,

I know the meaning of ladder, and game. But

I don't know the mean of "ladder game", can

any kind guy out there tell me , thank you in

advance!!

p.s. English is not my primary language, I am still learning it.

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

------------------

Sgt. Huang

I LOVE my country, but my

government sucks.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sergeant Huang:

Hi,

I know the meaning of ladder, and game. But

I don't know the mean of "ladder game", can

any kind guy out there tell me , thank you in

advance!!

p.s. English is not my primary language, I am still learning it.

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically, the 'Ladder' is a listing & ranking of players involved in PBEM games (and eventually, TCP/IP as well, I imagine). When someone wins (or loses), they go to the site hosting the ladder (which right now I believe is Combat Mission HQ on The Gamers Net) and enter their win, loss, points, etc. With each game the ranking of players on the 'ladder' moves up, or down, a rung depending on how well they are doing.

The purpose is so that the very best players can make their way to some sort of Olympus for CM players, and from this exalted height, cast down excrement on those below them. The ones in the middle of the ladder or ranking then cast excrement down on to those at the bottom of the ladder. Those at the very bottom of the ladder usually have to eat the excrement. biggrin.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 07-07-2000).]