Forum Woes - alt.bored.nolife.pengthread - The Only Answer

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Binkie:

I'd be the last person to deny you peng people your freedom of speech, but why don't you take your "topic" elsewhere? Why don't you leave this poor BBS alone so it can help and support people who want to dicuss the actual game?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, please. The sheer volume of useless, pointless, and annoying drivel posted on the General Board on an average day (not unlike your current start of a whole new thread) could drown several adults. It's easy to look at the post count on the Peng Challenge Thread and single it out. The dozens of daily idiocy threads like yours, and the tens and tens of useless and idiotic posts posted even within the good threads daily on this board would overwhelm the Peng Thread within hours. You have no real grasp of cause and effect, do you? The entire Combat Mission Board is too robust, well-used, and visited, with way too huge a backlog of posts. You could shut the Peng Challenge Thread down tomorrow, and there would still be Board problems. We, at least, have the decency to keep most of our gibberish within our own borders. And, at 6,000+ posts, I'd say there's as much interest in what happens there, as there is in the next 400 'OT, But I Thought This Was Cool/Funny/Worthy of Vomiting Up In Front of Everyone' threads. We try to police our own, as well. When we spot 'Peng people' out having a giggle, we round them up and march them back to their duty. Freedom of Speech? Who gives a rip for that. The Peng Challenge people are seriously into this game, enjoying it in their own way (and playing an awful lot of games) and counts among its members beta testers, grogs, pseudo-grogs, CM evangelists, and Meeks. Unless he's been eaten by leopard seals. Hard to know, right now.

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 12-06-2000).]

Binkie, we ARE discussing the game. We are killing each other lots and getting good at it, because we are so motivated.

The Outer Board is for discussing why the game is the way it is, whether it is all correctly modeled, and wouldn't it be cool if you could save all your turns into one single movie.

The Peng thread is for discussing how we have/are/will use all that stuff to kill one another.

It's like we're the Super Bowl/World Cup teams on the field, and there's 80,000 fans in the seats arguing over the rules, wondering what those silly blokes on the field are doing...

Yeah what he said. Fie on you.

To underline a main point. There are a serious lot of games going on with maybe an average of 15-20 pbems we are carrying at a time. Penger's, Pengster's? Pengheads?, often appear throughout the forum, offering silliness, a good laugh and at times helpful hints and pointers. In our games we help new players, insult the stuffing (rite of passage ya know) out of them but share what we have learned and more importantly joke at our own foibles.

Now if you will excuse me Ole' Sean seems to have slipped the Nurses attention and took a walkabout off the grounds. He is quite harmless, if you do not make any loud Noises. Fancies himself a celtic bard, from Minnesota. Right then Sean, I have a lollipop, you'd like that? then come alomg, nothering to see here.

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdmorse:

Yeah what he said. Fie on you.

Now if you will excuse me Ole' Sean seems to have slipped the Nurses attention and took a walkabout off the grounds. He is quite harmless, if you do not make any loud Noises. Fancies himself a celtic bard, from Minnesota. Right then Sean, I have a lollipop, you'd like that? then come alomg, nothering to see here.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See?! See?! We police our own! Morse has come for me! JD, tell me about the rabbits...

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

Guest Madmatt

Leave the denizens of the Peng Thread alone. They have the same rights to post as anyone else we have given them that ONE thread to do as they will.

No one makes you read it and its not fair to blame the issues with the forum on them.

Madmatt