Sound bug in new patch???

Let me start off by saying that I use a SB Live! X-Gamer soundcard.

During the movie playbacks, it seems that some sounds aren't playing. It's like it has lost some sound channels. You know like when there are lots of things going on and some of the sounds aren't playing. I didn't have this problem with v1.05.

I notice a sound channel line in the Errorlog file. Does this have something to do with it?

Madmatt?

Guest Madmatt

You can attribute that some to the debug code that is running. There is lot of stuff going on in the background of the beta, sounds are the first to get dropped when the system needs a little more overhead.

In the offical patch that won't be an issue.

Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

You can attribute that some to the debug code that is running. There is lot of stuff going on in the background of the beta, sounds are the first to get dropped when the system needs a little more overhead.

In the offical patch that won't be an issue.

Madmatt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Matt, glad to know I'm not insane. wink.gif Good clear explanation, appreciate that. I figured it might be soemthing like that because the turn resolution seems to sputter and take a little longer than usual on particular scenarios, such as the famous "Villers Boccage-Tiger!" scenario.

Any ETA on the final patch? A couple more weeks or what?