OT: Books and Info on 4th I.D.

The only book I have run across regarding the 4th Infantry is George Wilson's "If You Survive." I have been dying to find more info on the division but only seem to find occasional references to Utah Beach, the consolidation of the Contentin, and Hurtgen.

My late Grandfather was in the 8th Infantry Reg. back in 41 and since he is no longer with us I try to find out as much about him and his unit as I can. So again, any unit histories or first Person accounts you grogs can find will be much appreciated.

Thanks

------------------

"Life is pain. Anyone saying otherwise is selling something."

Hi,

I am doing some research myself at the moment, (4th Armd Bde) and have come across a couple of reference works on 4th Inf Div.

4th Infantry 'Ivy' division

ISBN : 1 56311 1314

4th Infantry Division (A History)

ISBN : 0 938021 540

Both are available at www.motorbooks.co.uk in the military section. (Search 4th Inf).

BTW You probably already know this, but just in case, you can find 1-8 Inf's website with history and some WW2 photos at: http://www.carson.army.mil/UNITS/1-8inf/home.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks DraGoon. I vaguely remember hitting the 1-8 Inf. Website before, but now I've got it. Thanks also for the motorbooks URL.

Anybody else?I figure I can Bump this sucker daily until I get ALL the results I want, hehe smile.gifsmile.gif

------------------

"Life is pain. Anyone saying otherwise is selling something."