"Abandon" hotkey needed, Please :)

I've witnessed my mortar teams abandoning their weapons, too ( way to often for my kind of taste ) but not yet seen a similar thing with any of my MG units. I'm quite sure that your opponent recieves VPs for your abandoned mortars and tanks, perhaps less if the crew makes it back to safety. Exact victory point calculaton in CM is still a miracle for me, so I can't tell if it is really worth the task to include a voluntary abandon option. I do not like to see a "recrew" ( or what ever it should be called option ), however. Assume you have skillfully outflanked an enemy tank, the crew demateriali...erm... abandons in this hopeless situation, hides in a nearby wood to reman their vehicle a couple of turns later to kick your butt. I still have a hard time to target a abandoned/ko'ed tank in operations ( to brew it up and make it unrecoverable ) if their is only a vague image of a helmet in sight.

Simon Fox, you know it is hard to get rid of crab-louses like me once they get attached to something wink.gif

I have a different perspective. I am in the CMMC and am beta testing the CPX and the missions we fight have to do with objectives not points. We also have to have a force after the battle that can fight again tomorrow. If I report back to my CO that I lost 5 Shermans and 5 crews then i am screwed. If I report that I lost five shermans but was able to save 4 crews it just sounds better and the tanks are a lot easier to replace. While I do not know if this "button" can be coded it is a good idea especially in a more realistic environment.

------------------

Sir are you sure you want to go to red alert...it would mean changing the bulb

-Priest

[This message has been edited by Priest (edited 12-14-2000).]