Ueber Squad..... **SPOILER**

Guest Captain Foobar

Guest Captain Foobar

I just had to tell someone.....

I just finished VoT, and I had a 9-man German Veteran squad cause 36 casualties!!!

eek.gif

They were unassisted by any other troops, but they were in C&C, and lying in wait in a building in town...

Basically they wiped out @4 squads! I have never seen anything like this, but I was very very happy with them. They caused the last 5 casulaties with 3 or less men left.

What is your record for the most effective squad? I would love to hear. smile.gif

Guest Scott Clinton

I'm curious...how was thier ammo situation when the smoke cleared?

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Guest Captain Foobar

haha...empty, or specifically the "guage" read LOW

they will also have to be awarded their medals posthumously, as the last soldier lost his life in the hand-to-hand struggle with 3 left-over men of a tattered US squad

I have never enjoyed CM as much as that little fray, geez that was fun.... smile.gif

Guest Scott Clinton

Yep, I figured. But you could win a LOT of games with a loss ratio like that. wink.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Guest Kettle Black

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain Foobar:

I just had to tell someone.....

I just finished VoT, and I had a 9-man German Veteran squad cause 36 casualties!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My personal best is a German Regular squad with 23 infantry casualties inflicted, one arty FO team, one mortar team and one flamethrower team wiped out plus 10 prisoners taken for the loss of three men. And they still had ammo left. I think they used up the whole company's supply of grenades though...

This was in VoT and they where hidden in a building and later charged the hill in front of Plomville. I tossed some medals their way and drank all their beer afterwards wink.gif

Ueber squad huh? Methinks you've been playing some flight-sims?

K-B

------------------

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett

Well, my biggest kill total so far goes to, not surprisingly, the Panther. First time I played the scenario as the Germans, the trusty old Panzer V showed up just in time to totally wreck the AI's attack on my right flank. After capping three Shermans in short order, I had him rush the hill containing the rightmost victory flag (from German side) and he proceeded to take down 40 infantry and a couple of mortars. It was quite a sight seeing the tank slowly advancing forward, all three guns blazing at the two platoons of helpless US infantry. Most of them were mowed down as they tried to run.

As far as an infantry unit, I had a veteran SMG squad take out 36 infantry and a couple of mortars in Chance Encounter. They were positioned well inside the tree line on the big German hill and the AI stupidly kept sending in infantry piecemeal only to be chopped up by this unit. Ended the game with only three casualties in that unit, ammo down to six. These guys must have been based on those pictures you see of Germans wearing what look like bandaliers of grenades criss-crossing their chests because I have never seen one unit toss so many grenades.

My "Ueber Squad" was a German SMG squad in the Reisberg scenario with 19 kills and no losses, and all in very close combat. It was amazing. As the Americans infiltrated the town I simply had the SMG squad hide in the back of the building they were in so as not to have them waste ammo on long range fire and give away their position. When ab American squad entered their building, the Americans always came in with just 1 squad so I was never overwhelmed. I then just cut them to pieces. I repeated this process several times then retreated to safety to preserve my no losses.

Barbarossa

God bless Sgt. Rost and his M18 in the beta! biggrin.gif 2 Stugs Ko'd, 1 Tiger immobilized, 3 halftracks destroyed, and 18 infantry casualties. His efforts allowed the US to secure a tactical victory over the AI. smile.gif

------------------

Sosabowski, 1st Pol. Abn.

Yes, I know my name is spelled wrong as a member!