some intesting reading

This came in my clan email today form my buddy SS_Sturm, thoguht I would pass it on since it was about WW2

Heres a report I found on the 12th SS Div from the 6th Armored Canadian Regiment's historians which was reported after the battle of Le Mesnil-Patry,where nearly the entire Regiment met their demise at the hands of the Hitler Jugend.

"They fought like lions on both sides so that the dead lay corpse by corpse. We searched every house, every courtyard to avoid ambush. And here is the confirmation of how ferocious last night's battle must have been. The Commandos lie dead in rows beside the dead SS. Grenades are scattered all over the roads and on the porches of houses. Here we see a commando and an SS man, dead in each other's arms, having slaughtered each other. There, a German and a Canadian tank have engaged each other to destruction, and are still smouldering, and from each blackened turret hangs the charred corpse of a machine gunner. Over here are a group who ran towards the wall for shelter and were shot down before they got there. And there, by the church, as the advance guard of C Company and the carriers turn the corner, there are three Germans. Only three. But one of them instantly draws his pistol and hits one of our men. A Bren gunner kills two of the three SS men, but the survivor still does not surrender; he dodges us and gets away. Now, we understand with what kind of fanatic we have to deal."

Lieutenant Holler, a member of a German brigade which had an ongoing rivalry with the 12th SS, speaks of his competition. "In Caen, Hitler Jugend were always our neighbours to the left. They fought bitterly for every yard; the help of one comrade for another was so spontaneous and unselfish that it was unequalled; and although you yourself have only heard detrimental facts about them, I can speak of experiences of a most humane nature."

XII SS Panzerdivision Hitler Jugend

German

Divisional

Belgium then Normandy (1944) and Ardennes. Austria 1944

Capitulated 1945

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader....out