Too Many Units Leads to Lock-Ups?

I have recently found an issue with the 25%, 50%, 100%, etc. extra unit option on scenarios and operations. In larger battles, when I select these options, the game locks up and stops responding.

I can't tell if it a function of my system or the game. Has anyone else run across this problem?

Otherwise, the game has been exceptionally stable and free of mishaps.

Guest barrold713

Come to think of it, this has happened to me but IIRC, it was for a 3rd Person scenario. I do not think it was a large scenario so I don't think it was the number of units, but more of a function on the calculation of the number of units that hangs it up.

BTW running PIII 450, 128MB RAM, 3dFX Voodoo 2 16MB for 3D, ATI All-in-Wonder 12mb for 2D.

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

The lockup I get on Mac and PC that seems to be related is a lockup when I have IE and OE running and I am playing CM. Now it is absurd to think that the two platforms are errors, but it happens on each platform. On the Mac it is a hard freeze that keeps me from getting to MacBugs, but when I do a force quit, it quits IE instead of CM, implying it may be some sort of resource tussel between the two, while on the PC the only solution is to pull the plug.

Still, it is a rare bug. Most of the CM bugs I like!!!