Stupid Newbie Question

Guy w/gun

I've played the demo off and on, but now I'm really getting interested in TacOps. I'm planning on purchasing it soon.

I have only one question about the game. How do you order units to move in reverse? I want to move them back 100 meters or so, but keep their fronts facing the enemy.

Thanks and great game Major!

[ 09-19-2001: Message edited by: Guy w/gun ]

Try using the SOP option "reverse after firing 100 m" or "reverse if fired upon and pop smoke" or some such. The tutorial is a fantastic way of getting to know the basics of this game and the SOP is a good way of simulating alternating fire or ambush on an enemy position. It can also save the lives of many of your "soldiers." Good Luck! ;)

Rich

Hold down the Mac option key or the PC Ctrl key as you give a movement order (i.e. click on the map). When that movement order is executed, the unit will do so 'in reverse'.

Due to my error this is not mentioned in the pdf manual. This info used to be included in a shortcut card but I overlooked it when I converted to only digital documentation.