What is "tiger offsetting"

I have heard people talk about ofsetting Tigers about 30 degrees to their target. What does this mean? How, why, and when should I do it? Why only Tigers?

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

Well I beleive that U should do it with Tigers is that Panthers have No side armor, so its more dangerous with them. Its not that easy to do, at least I've found, in CM. In SP:WAW its very easy to do. And it forces the enemy AP rounds to hit an obliqe angle on the armor of a tank, there by increasing the slope, relative armor thickness. course you might be turning your armor to give another tank a perfect side shot.

BTW I was born in Palmer and moved to Kodiak in 5th grade. Left Kodiak during my freshman year. I live in Eugene Oregon now. We probaly know the same people gustav. I might be visting up there this next spring.

Yes, CM does simulate this quite well. There is a small problem though. When you target an enemy AT unit with your tank, the TacAI automaticaly "squares up" to the target, negating the nice oblique angle you set up. I'd really like to see this changed.

------------------

So maybe you should listen to this Vanir guy instead of ignoring him -- he has the best take on the whole thing. - Combatboy