Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How do BTS's textures compare to CoolCol J's

Please don't maul me for askng this, - How do CoolCol J's textures compare to those of BTS's, honest opinions please from those who can see them first hand, and not just in screen shots (ie beta testers). As for those who can't then perhaps we could hold a little vote on the matter. I was just looking at Cool Cols site and some of his pictures are truely spectacular although some of those pics might have been untouched BTS ones.

Owen,

My best advice is simply to wait until the game is released and decide for yourself. personally speaking, as someone who has been getting sneak peeks from the artists on new textures which are going into CM I will stick with the graphics in the released version.

People have to understand that the beta demo was more a "proof of concept" demo than an "Wow look at the cool movies" demo.

The thing was released to prove the TacAI worked and that CM "worked" as a game and that it was realistic etc. Steve and Charles ALWAYS intended to redo all the graphics. Hell, from what I can see I'd imagine that we're looking at a virtual 100% replacement of graphics from the beta demo. That means that virtually every BMP in the game has changed since then.

While CoolColJ's work might result in some better tiles here and there I imagine that for sheer homogeneities sake I'll stick with the released textures, only updating whichever individual BMPs are clearly superior in mod work.

Guest -panzershreck-

im no gonna use coolcolj's textures in the released version. but i cant wait to whack them onto my beta.