Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Gun Damaged

Pud

I had a Sherman suffer gun damage. Ok the main gun cant shoot but why can't at least one of the three MG's fire? Is this too hard to implement? I know it supposed to be able (from a search) but the target command wasnt available. Can it only fire MG by AI?

[This message has been edited by Pud (edited 11-22-2000).]

I think this maybe a bug, it is supposed to, and it does sometime, but not consistantly. Don't ask me why, but it just does. Hopefull it'll be fixed in this upcoming patch.

Also, an immoblized vehicle sometimes doesn't fire its guns when it should be able to.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 11-22-2000).]

Shermans have bow, .50 cal flexible and co-axial machine guns. The first one in in the front of the tank in the ?upper? hull. The second one is on top and can only be used when the TC is still alive and the tank unbuttoned, and the third one is the one that probably won't fire for you. Co-axial machineguns were on the turret near the main gun. Thus being co-axial with the main gun I guess. Anyway, if something dinged your tank hard enough to knock the cannon out of commission dollars to donuts that probably make a mess of that machine gun too. Therefore you're down a mg.