Request for CM2, building mods.

Guest PeterNZ

Guest PeterNZ

Love you BTS monkeys, but here's an idea.

Why not for CM II make objects like buildings in a way similar to the quake type games, that is, as 'stand alone' bits of code stuff, (can you tell i'm not a programmer? smile.gif Then people could edit buildings themselves and stick them in the game and in scenarios! You could have factory complexes, unusual bridges, towers, tall buildings etc etc etc .. and you BTS lads don't have to plan to do quite so much knowing your fan base will do lots of work for you.

PeterNZ

I would love too see that too but I think it something that may require an engine overhall, but that may be planned anyhow - maybe we can get Steve to give us some feedback onthis even tho its a ways off. I'd like to see some stuff like telephonepoles Barrels sandbags etc little stuff :P

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

I came up with this idea well before X-mas and get motivated to mention it to Steve and Charles again every couple of weeks wink.gif.

I don't know if it'll get in CM2 or not ( I have no idea what impacts it might have on the engine etc) but several testers are definitely on-side for getting this in wink.gif.

Of course public clamour means nothing if the engine simply isn't designed that way ( i.e. Opening the engine to "new buildings" might open it to allowing hackers easy access to tank data and they'd give everything 300 mm of armour.. I don't know but if that's the trade-off then I wouldn't want it.) but Charles and Steve are really, really responsive to requests as you know.

The Gold is gonna knock your socks off when you see how much it has improved and how many of the forum's requests they've addressed.

Guest PeterNZ

please don't say how good the gold is going to be!!

because then we all just want it more!

so.. unless it's out in like, the next, 24 hours.. shuush smile.gif

hehe

PeterNZ