Units List for CM 1.0

Hi,

I noticed you put the Super Pershing in there, but you forgot the Elefant, the SturmTiger and the Maus. <grin>

The SturmTiger would have been interesting, given that its aim left a little to be desired and the reload time was so long.

The Elefant had no MG, that would have been a challenge to use in close quarters.

The Maus, yes I know it probably never did much more than drive around the factory buildings, and bog down on asphalt roads, but still -- ... you know... I want to try it!

A friend and I after playing ASL for years decided to expand the artillery calibers a little, to simulate train-based artillery.

We also tried to put more detail in the Air-to-Ground rules, and air-to-air rules, we thought the ASL rules were a little too vague.

In both cases we didn't go overboard, we built upon the tables that came with ASL. I imagine it could be possible to do the same with CM, at least for the artillery.

(I am not trying to get you to put Big Bertha in the game! Just the more common calibers like 280mm, 290mm, etc.. Esp. since CM 1.0 is supposed to cover the end of the war.)

We did play campaigns where we had limited bombing ability, and strategically we could decide where to bomb and then the other player could intercept or no, as long as some conditions were met. But that would probably be outside the scope of CM (it was outside the scope of ASL). I still have a copy of the rules if you would ever be interested.

Any chance one day you might put cliffs and fortresses in the map editor? I remember a couple of interesting ASL maps. I saw a green slope in Valley that is labeled as "cliff", but I don't see a cliff...

Also, in the city scenarios, will there be sewers?

I didn't see any white phosphorous either. I wonder what that would look like, modeled in 3D. I don't know everything but I thought that U.S. troops had WP grenades near the end of the war.

After all this, I am wondering like everyone else when CM 1.0 will be released, I pre-ordered you know.

The game is impressive, thanks for building it.

Regards,

Pat.

------------------

Welcome to the board!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Any chance one day you might put cliffs and fortresses in the map editor? I remember a couple of interesting ASL maps. I saw a green slope in Valley that is labeled as "cliff", but I don't see a cliff...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the cliff are in VOT are slopes too steep to be climbed by infantry. Even thought they are green they are impassible cliffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Also, in the city scenarios, will there be sewers?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There aren't sewers in CM1, but I think Steve said they might make it into CM2. Wouldn't swear to it though.

As to the big guns, there are very big things that go boom in the game already. I think there are nebelwerfer forward observers to the mid 200s and I know the allies have battleship guns. There should be plenty of booms to keep everyone happy smile.gif

If I remember right, the Elefant was used in the East and would be more suited to CM2.

WP is a thread (or threads) unto itself. Do a search and you will find out more than you could care to know! It's not in the game though...

CM should arrive in a couple of weeks (i.e. 2) at the outside! Steve and Charles (the people responsible for this wonderful addiction) really rule.

- Bill