Controls Configuration?

Hey just downloaded the Gold demo and was having a lot of fun playing it. One thing that I would like to see (sorry if I might have missed it in the demo) is a configuration option for some of the controls. In particular, it would be more intuitive (for me!) if the mouse controlled fore/aft and left/right panning on the map, while the arrow keys controlled up/down/left/right rotation. Also being able to assing keys that allow you to snap to user set views on the map would be helpful.

Guest BigAlMoho

As far as I know, these kind of requests have not been answered with anything but silence...

Sorry,

Al

"One thing that I would like to see (sorry if I might have missed it in the demo) is a configuration option for some of the controls. In particular, it would be more intuitive (for me!) if the mouse controlled fore/aft and left/right panning on the map, while the arrow keys controlled up/down/left/right rotation."

The full version is the same. I also initially would have welcomed the ability to change actions (especially making left/right panning the default for the mouse, instead of the current left/right turning. However, pressing the Shift key for this isn't really a big deal, and it has become second nature for me. Now, I'm so used to it that I don't mind. As for up/down rotation (camera dip), I find myself using that only rarely (I make great use of elevation and zoom, though, which are IMHO logically assigned). While I'm a fan of placing as much configuration as possible in players' hands, the default controls quickly "grow on" you and I don't have any problems now.

Wendell