Stupid ?- how do I open movie files?

I just downloaded Fionn's open terrain AAR movie files. However, after unzipping them, I can't get CM to open them. I know they're for 1.0.3, and I have 1.0.3. What am I doing wrong? I have a mac and OS 9.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

I don't think it's the password, because CM won't even reconize them as movie files, so I never got a chance to enter a password. They all end in .txt I got them from CM HQ. The url for the first batch of movie files was http://combathq.thegamers.net/aars/game12/movies/germanmovie1to3.zip It says you need 1.0.3.

------------------

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

I opened the first one sort of. I got as far as the password, but didn't have it and cancelled out. That was using 1.03 w/ System 8.5. Do you have the intro movie still turned on? I found that CM often crashed out to the finder when I tried to load a movie if the intro movie had not been turned off (press shift immediately after double clicking to launch).

------------------

Slayer of the Original Cesspool Thread.

I noticed in another post that you just got the full game-- the opening movie is a very likely culprit. The other symptom is that when you watch the opening movie, if the movies do open, you don't get fog or transparent buildings and smoke, and the details are a little sharper. Somehow the QT movie at the start forces it into software rendering (at least on my Powerbook G3) and then it's flaky when you try to open movie files.

It still won't open them, even with the intro movie off. (thanks for showing me how to turn it off though.) When I doubleclick a movie file, it tries to open it with simpletext.

Okay, I changed the creator code of these movies from TEXT to CM's creator codes. Now they open up CM, but they still don't play. What are you guys doing to get them to play? I've been putting them in the scenarios folder, but when I open CM, they don't appear in the list of scenarios.

------------------

Ok, putting them in the PBEM folder worked. Thanks, everyone.

------------------