Pre battle briefing

minmax

I was wondering if TacOps could be modified to set up a briefing. Outline a plan to your staff (Chief, G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4). Maybe make this a patch so anal retentive types can run this like an operation.

Also how about a patch to change the AI's ability level?

Thanks and happy gaming!

------------------

M. L. Johnson

TAOC DAWG

I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't give you much of an answer the first time around.

The addition of a detailed staff plan or concept of execution plan for the Blue force seems like an awful lot of extra work on my part to put into something that the user will likely ignore anyway.

When the user selects the 'About Scenario' info he gets the friendly and enemy situation and his mission. I figure the plan of execution shoud be his call and not mine.

Heck ... I would think most people would be highly annoyed if the game told them exactly how to accomplish the assigned mission and then forced their adherance to the 'school solution' smile.gif.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com

I would concur with the major's position on this one. There are tactical games that require the user to adhere to an OPORD plan. It is really realistic, but it really sucks the life force out of you. I think that TacOps has a perfect balance of OPORD (Scenario description) OOB (Reports-Game Status, spot reports) and AAR (you can get them at the TacOps site).

My advice for you would be to buy a copy of Patrick Proctor's Brigade Combat Team (www.shrapnelgames.com) which is a Windows version of JANUS, the US Army program and play away. In this program, OOB's, OPORD's and such are necessary for the successful "textbook" solution of a mission. Please try it and decide for yourself. As for myself, I found that TacOps was simply more fun! smile.gif

Best of luck to you

Rich

I thinking the G-1 through 4 would be there in an advisory capacity. The old man still has the decision. I was looking at their advice popping up during the course of a battle. I understand that would require an inordinate amount of extra coding.

I love TacOps but I see applications as a training tool. That was part of my question. Anyway, I can certainly see the reasons against that kind of change to the game.

How about intel reports that are randomly generated? The AI could give both good and bad info (Just like real Intel) This leaves the option of mis/disinformation. Just a thought.

------------------

M. L. Johnson

TAOC DAWG