Bison Mortar Carrier C6 Machine Gun

Eric Sherritt

I had expended all the mortar ammo on my Bison Mortar carrier and planned to use the C6 machine guns to help out my dismounted troops. However the Bisons never engaged with their C6's.

Same with a Coyote recce LAV. After all the 25mm and 7.62mm coax were expended the other C6 did not engage?

Am I doing something wrong? Please explain.

I just did several experiments and the pintle mounted 7.62 engaged OK from the vehicles you mentioned.

As a pintle mounted, roof top, weapon, it is less accurate than the turret mounted coax machine guns so it may not get a useful firing solution unless the vehicle is much closer to the infantry targets than would be required for the 25mm and the coax 7.62.

Also ... the roof mounted 7.62 on these vehicles is an exposed weapon (i.e. no armor protection) so if the vehicle has received direct or indirect fire lately and is still suppressed then the roof mounted gun is not going to fire.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com

I have found Major Belles' idea to be an excellent one in my own gaming. It is really great how the Bison can both target and shoot on its own without the player setting the TRPs or constantly resetting the target range. I guess this wouldn't work with a Paladin, however. frown.gif

Great Game, MajorH!