Taking cover bug?

Was shooting at a MG in the 2nd floor of a church with my Sherman mounted popgun. (mch -clank, clank, clank... - hehehe)

Every time the naughty MG would take cover (I assume he was taking cover - it was right after a 75 exploded next to him), his "last seen" marker would drop to the ground floor for a few seconds. Then the MG would reappear on the second floor instantly and resume firing. But it looks like my Shermie had a short attention span and forgot all about him in the second or two he was hiding and had to completely reaquire the target - and would no longer use the main gun. Pretty easy way to ditch an angry AFV. Now that I think about it, I think the tank had LOS to the 2nd floor but LOS to the same spot on the first floor was blocked.

Tank was Veteran and buttoned.

Bug? Undocumented feature? Just the way its supposed to be?

Try area targeting.During the last couple of

turns I was re-positioning,so I probably

presented a few new targets.

It won't help you much,though....

That naughty MG is going to make it to battle no.2 yet!

EDIT:I just watched the turn 20 movie.

Your tank stopped targeting when another

member of my elite force(2nd floor) got up and took off out of the building.It re-

targeted when the fellows were gone.While

the heroes were gallantly leaving,the naughty

MG hit the deck,because of fire from the

other tank.I think that "confused" the tank.

[This message has been edited by mch (edited 09-05-2000).]

Now how's that for a gallant opponent.

mch, you're certainly right about the area fire. It's just I saw MG diasppear and cross appear on floor below at the same time. Then the cross disappeared and your MG reappeared simultaneously. In my fevered mind I thought the game was putting the cross for the suddenly out of sight MG on the first floor by mistake and then removing when the MG popped up again.

Although I may test this in a dummy game just to make sure, it's obvious that it's not my tank that's confused....just me.