Lack of an Update Update....maintenance on CMHQ!!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Well sorry to spoil the feeling of warmth and comraderie that pervades this Forum but due to some unexpected 'Maintenance' by TGN I have decieded to postpone any update for tonight. The last time they did something like this I had to redesign the entire site so better safe than sorry...I will update you when i know more....

Anyone have a good webserver host they wanna recomend? I need about a GIG of storage and unlimited freedom to do my own thing (and Fionns thing wink.gif ) without constant and annoying interuptions!...

Email me directly with any info...While things at TGN are not to THAT extreme yet it never hurts to know what else is out there...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest Captain Foobar

Well guys, in absence of your MadMatt fix, I managed to get a new POTD at my floundering fledgling website. Anyone want a look, the pic was taken off of the latest build by Fionn, and it demonstrates some newer AI capabilities. Goto screenshots

Cya

Capt Foo

http://www.ocaptain.com/combat

Mad or anyone else, i should recieve the room and domainname today or friday. If interested, drop me a line (prefer a mail).

Everyone who replied to my message will receive a mail soon with some questions (room needed, mail address etc).

Till then, keep building.

PanzerShark

Guest PeterNZ

Would be fun to see a page for each side of the CMMC.. with some way for the teams to communicate securely.. although i dunno how that does for realism.

i guess there will be a lot of stories at the end.. But some common intel would be good, like "What the other sides papers reported today"

and some movietone news! hehe, get a cm movie and add some music and voice over, turn it black and white.. and whammo! War coverage! esp. as our crews and people become famous vets.

now how can i capture the movies and play with them like that?!?! .. *sob, my dream*

PeterNZ

There are always ways to get the domain you like. Combat-mission.com does NOT exist (just add the "-").

Anyway, my site won't be called CM/Combat Mission or anything.

Some reasons why:

1) I think it's unfair to BTS to register the name without their permission.

2) You have to use the name for 2 years. I might add a CM2 site later or even other wargames (maybe even sims like PE). Using CM as domainname wouldn't be appropriate then.

3) They are not free. Having to fork out lotsa money only to register some .net or org. domains is a waste of money (most people only check .com)

PeterNZ:

There are some programs to record CM as 1 movie. I use them myself. I will write them down (mention some good/bad points) and post them, here or sent them to you.

PanzerShark

Guest Madmatt

Guys I do appreciate this info but would like to keep 'under our hats' so to speak so please just email me private with any info...

I have my reasons! wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net