Newbye Questions

Hi there. Just finished the two demo scenarion (Valley of Troubles and Chance Encounter) both played Allied and Germany side. Great game!

I come from cardboard wargames so I easily mastered the various aspects (hey I kicked the AI commander big time ;) ) but I can;t figure out out to make the option "Target Next" work. It does not do anything on my case, all units confounded.

Then, why not to devise a scheme to get ammunitions from dead units when the active are low on ammo (or is that already into account)

Finally: the AI commander seems not to know how to make use of the smoke to cover its units movement: it is a bit too easy (full fog of war, maximum tree coverage settings): like shooting at ducks ;)

Thanks and can't wait for the real game to come out.

Seahawk

PS

People here talk about 3 demo scenario: I only got two. How comes?

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seahawk-vfa201:

I can;t figure out out to make the option "Target Next" work. It does not do anything on my case, all units confounded.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The "Target Next" is just a command to cycle through all available targets in LOS for a particular unit.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Why not to devise a scheme to get ammunitions from dead units when the active are low on ammo (or is that already into account)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There has been discussion about this already several times, and the answer was that it was a bit difficult to code up such a thing for v1.0.

NOTE: You may also notice that "Team" units lose ammo if they take casualties and then move. They will keep their full ammo as long as they stay still.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Finally: the AI commander seems not to know how to make use of the smoke to cover its units movement.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, they probably won't like you would think they would, but I can assure you that, tanks especially, will pop smoke when they run into trouble.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>maximum tree coverage settings<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is just a graphics toggle, it has nothing to do with the game mechanics

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>People here talk about 3 demo scenario: I only got two. How comes?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Beta Demo had 3 scenarios, 2 included and one that was downloadable separately, which just happens to be Chance Encounter, which is the one that is included with the Gold Demo you are playing now.

The other 2 scenarios that were in the Beta Demo, Reisberg and Last Defense, will be included in the final version with upgraded code, of course. smile.gif

------------------

"When in doubt...shell."

1)Target Next:

cycles through all available targets...

2)Ammo Gathering:Since units never completely

run out of ammo,this can be considered to be modeled?

3)AI:It's no human....but,in comparison with other games....it's damn good.

Yep, I have seen AI tanks pop out smoke but in the Chance Encounter I had reached (as Allied) strong field position by creating a barrage of smoke to cover my troops/tank advance. The AI used no smoke at all at same scenario when I played as German. I killed 4 Shermans in the first 10 turns.

Apart from that the AI makes for really good realistic behavior. Great stuff in here.

Thanks for all replies. That helped. I hope to be able to participate to missions and campaign online when the game is released.

Until then aim straight, shoot sharp.

Seahawk