MG Close Combat

I have noticed that weapons crews have no hand grenades in CM. Is this because of engine issues, reality factors, or simply not thinking of giving them grenades? Now, I believe crews of destroyed or abandoned weapons, exa. a mortar of any onboard variety, are not treated in the same way as when their weapon is functional... that is, grenades may be possible one way but not the other... if so, which? If grenades can work with crews that still have an active weapon, they would be nice for crews of bazookas and the like, and moreso for MGs.

Question; why aren't weapons for other men in an MG team modeled? In a 6 man MG squad, they aren't ALL feeding the belt to the gun in action... some would be firing rifles or whatever on their own, would they not? I *do* understand why all those guys are there in the first place... MGs and their ammo are bulky. But AFAIK there's no engine limitation preventing other weaponry that probably existed for the other men in the team (I'll never say anything like this with certain conviction, as I'm no grognard) from being modeled. (I'm talking specifically about MG teams here now guys, not mortar or rocket launcher teams)

*edit* After a more thorough search than my initial one preceeding this post, I realized the generic self-defense factor as of yet unmodeled (I think) is supposed to measure small arms for close defense of manned weapons. However, if these weapons include rifles/SMGs and 4 of a crew of 6 in an MG team would have them equipped, this would have to be pretty powerful... depending on the loadout close range firepower could be doubled over that which is calculated including only the MG. Some clarification would be helpful. The earlier points on the grenades still hold, as I couldn't find in my searches if they were supposed to be including in the self-defense factor.

Ataru ^_^

[This message has been edited by Ataru *~ (edited 09-03-2000).]