Anyone Want PBEM?

I'll give you a game. I'll even let you pick the side and scenario. Just set it up and send it to me. If you'd prefer I set it up, then email me at the address below and I'll do it when I get home. We're in the same time zone, so that should help in synchronizing the turns. My email: slinger6@megsinet.net

CYA!

Well, I don't want to PBEM you, but I'll tell you how it's done.

First of all, when you or your opponent start a game, instead of picking 1 Player or Hotseat, pick E-Mail. The game will prompt you for a password. Enter one and that is the password you'll use for the remainder of the game.

Then as you start to play your game, at the end of that phase (either by hitting GO! or Done), the game will ask you to save a PBEM file in a "Save Game file-type of box". You can call it anything you want. This file is saved in the pbem folder in your Combat Mission folder.

Now, go to your email program and type in your opponent's email address. (To save time, save their address in your Address Book) Now just search your pbem folder for the last file you created and attach that to the email you're about to send to him.

Now, upon receiving a file back, take note of where your email program saves attachments. I've got mine set-up to save them into C:/My Downloaded Files.

Now go back to Combat Mission, and click Join Multiplayer. Then click Load Email. This will bring up a Windows Explorer window and then just go find the file in whatever folder its in and click "open". CM will then open the file and playing commenses.

Hope that makes sense. smile.gif

------------------

"While stands the Collosseum, Rome shall stand.

When falls the Collosseum, Rome shall fall.

And when Rome falls -- the World."

**Byron**

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 05-30-2000).]