Sudden Strike, like, rocks and stuff.

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Sudden Strike is a great looking version of Command and Conquer.

I played the demo, and the game plays like C&C

As far as "realism", Close Combat does a better job in the RTS genre.

Ive got SS, its ok for a bit of a laugh.

I enjoy the mulitplayer part of it, can be quite fun.

I prefer CM for tactical wargaming so to speak and the abilty to mod units etc.

Cm is on a scale 1 to 100, a 90 to me.

Cm's rating ( not 100) is because u are limited to what u can mod etc and the fact the game is based from Normandy onward.

I was wanting 1937+ aleast in the same package.

SS is a 75.

I suggest to any who trash SS, atleast; play the full game before u say it sucks.

The demo hasnt got everything in it.

Im actually quite interested in WWII online, depending on how good the servers can handle all those players.

I hope that game will not be a let down like many other online games.

Hurry up with the new patch BTS i want multiplayer network links!!!!!!!

Guest *Captain Foobar*

LOL, if the full version plays ANYTHING like the demo does, I can tell for for certain that there are major realism problems. But if its fun for you to play, thats the important thing. I'm just not willing to spend the money on the game, when the demo was so laughable. (Its called hit points...not groovy man)

Yeah, I agree with the ol' Captain. I downloaded the SS demo before CM was out. I couldn't get any sound out of it for some reason.

The whole hit point thing was totally stupid. When a King Tiger can get taken out by a few bursts from rifle infantry, I was like, "This is totally lacking in coolness." as Edge and Christian would say.

As for STRAKER giving CM only a 90 rating based on a limitation on what you could mod in CM is totally ludicrous. What else do you want to mod? You can modify everything from the total look of the menus and interface to the terrain, units, and sounds. To add or modify vehicles and small arms fire is NO easy task. You just can't simply add a new vehicle to CM. There's tons of research put into each unit and modelling of real world physics associated with each unit.

And for wanting the whole western front time period in CM the first time around is also wanting too much. The base game itself was already a half CD at ~325MB. That's why BTS is going to do all the areas in separate games. The reason BTS did the Beyond Overlord first is because it covered a large amount of the vehicles needed for other theaters. (At least for the German side.)

------------------

All that sleeps, awakens...

All that awakens, hungers...

All that hungers, feeds...