Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

My Zooks are Killing ME??

I have only been ENJOYING this GREAT game for a short time - and a while back when I zoomed in on one of my Bazooka men in the replay -- I was surprised to see him firing in the opposite direction of the enemy and the opposite direction I had told him to move; I didn't lose any sleep over it. BUT now today I moved was moving 2 of them into enemy tank range and ordered them, as they went, to fire on nearest target, then in re-play I see one of them following that to a "T" - but nearest was one of his own, he turned aroumd, away from enemy and fired two rounds pointed at a member of his own unit --- could it be he was taking out a crappy officer or NCO (Platoon)?? Anyway - when I check this other zook - he too was turned around - I searched and their was NO enemies to be seen in that area.

PS - I downloaded that MOD that improves uniforms of US troops and it is GREAT - up close you see all the little goodies - This game and mods etc. are TOO MUCH! It feels so GOOD to be assimilated!

ACH TUNG!

------------------

"I stink, therefore, I am!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyberized:

but nearest was one of his own, he turned aroumd, away from enemy and fired two rounds pointed at a member of his own unit --- could it be he was taking out a crappy officer or NCO (Platoon)?? Anyway - when I check this other zook - he too was turned around - I searched and their was NO enemies to be seen in that area.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, but was this turn at night? Or during fog? Friendly units will make mistakes due to FOW when the playing field is confused. Please provide more info on the situation, so that a correct determination can be made! smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyberized:

Yes it was a Night Mission Scenario - and it's a GOOD one; " Night at Chenaux" (sp).

Very WELL done!

TKS Buck Private OUT!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That, then, is the answer. In night (more than most any other battle 'conditional' troops will make mistakes because of Fog of War. I had a Night Quick Battle where one of my squads ran into a house to support another squad that was being shot up, immediately to the rear of the threatened squad. Rather than assume it was reinforcements arriving, the threatened, jittery squad quit firing at the Germans that were tearing it up to fire on the troops I'd sent up to aid them. I love this game (although that part was certainly a trial; nothing like having the rescuing cavalry shot up by the people they're there to save to make you weep and bang your head into the desktop.)

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.