How maney people have ordered the game?

Here's one little gauge:

The Combat Mission HQ Annex (at the Gamers Net) is sponsoring a "Combat Mission Meta Campaign" to create a role-playing command environment between multiple players.

It's not often talked about here, but insofar, about 200 players have already signed up (with about 20 gamemasters or GM's) before they've even had CM to play with.

Spook,

Your post reminded me. I sent Fionn an email a couple of weeks back requesting to join the Meta campaign and I haven't gotten a response. I just wanted to check to see if anyone knew whether I should receive a direct response. I don't want to pester Fionn or Matt if I shouldn't expect one of them to reply. Just curious if you knew what was up, thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spook:

Here's one little gauge:

The Combat Mission HQ Annex (at the Gamers Net) is sponsoring a "Combat Mission Meta Campaign" to create a role-playing command environment between multiple players.

It's not often talked about here, but insofar, about 200 players have already signed up (with about 20 gamemasters or GM's) before they've even had CM to play with.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So 220 people bought the game? Hmm i think we need more confused.gif

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by armorbuff:

So 220 people bought the game? Hmm i think we need more confused.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about: almost 15,000 downloads at download.com and versiontracker.com, 10,000 for PC, 4,900 for Mac. Probably lots of DLs at other sites.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

How about: almost 15,000 downloads at download.com and versiontracker.com, 10,000 for PC, 4,900 for Mac. Probably lots of DLs at other sites.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey thats good cool.gif ! So its a pretty good bet most of the folks if not all that downloaded bought the game. I'll be conservative ans say 25,000 sales in the bag right now. We need to sell at least another 25k copies to ensure a sequel huh? But I dont think that will be a problem when the reviews come out smile.gif

25k is guaranteed. I think 50k + is likely. And possibly a lot more than

that when people see that this is not just a wargame but a 3D tactical combat

simulator with great graphics, great sound, great AI and an interface that

is truly a dream. smile.gif

I'm betting that a lot of people who don't consider themselves wargamers

will be so impressed with CM that they will end up buying it. Sort of like

what Panzer General did for wargames but with about 70 times more historical

accuracy. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I'm betting that a lot of people who don't consider themselves wargamers

will be so impressed with CM that they will end up buying it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, that's exactly what happened to me. I'm definitely not a wargamer (never bought one computer or board), having played very few. Sid Meiers' Gettysburg was one of the few wargame demos I played that I considered purchasing.

Combat Mission is the first one I've purchased, which was pre-ordered based on one play of CE.

First heard of CM while on combatsim researching next flight sim to buy. Heh heh, don't think I'll be needing that flight sim for a while.