TCP/IP...should we care?

Guest grunto

the way i get nonstop combat mission action is to play 8-12 pbems simultaneously. if you have a lot of games going at once there's always something in your mailbox at any given moment on saturday.

i do agree that an overall plan and the openng setup are both critical. after that things simply develop.

i suppose with tc/ip single game play it would be really fast for instance with a 5-minute turn time because both players could be plottng their moves simultaneously instead of one waiting for the other as in pbem.

you could do 12 turns in an hour with 5 minute turns.

to increase the 'commander realism feeling' i try not to study the movies too much. if something spectacular happens i'll watch a replay but usually i'll just watch it once through from one angle. the reason the movie isn't too important to me is because it's something i can't change. it's mainly between the movies where i put my thought to the developing situation at hand.

it might be interesting to give the defender more time than the attacker. this would simulat intimate knowledge of the terrain, or how about limited camera views for the attacker and more camera views for the defender, again to simulate better knowledge of the terrain?

andy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic