A historical map for CM

tss

This weekend I fired the CM scenario for the first time (not counting few quick tests). I created the map of Eastern part of Kirvesmäki sector of Taipale front.

As the battle of Taipale is quite out of scope until CM 2, and even then it probably isn't a good subject for a balanced scenario, this is more of historical interest. (I marked the Finnish front line to it and wrote a short text introducing the major combats that happened on the map.)

If someone wants to put it on some CM web page, feel free. Meanwhile, it can be found at http://www.tcs.hut.fi/~tssyrjan/kirvesmaki.zip .

Note that the movie Winter War happened on the Terenttilä sector of Taipale that lies North East to the map I created. I may do it also when I have time.

- Tommi

Guest Madmatt

If anyone is looking for a copy of The Winter War (HIGHLY recommend it BTW) you can get it from www.belleandblade.com

I have bought several movies from these guys and gotten exceptional service.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Guest Germanboy

Tommi, is it okay if we put it on our site?

------------------

Andreas

kesselbanner.jpg

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-01-2000).]

Germanboy wrote:

Tommi, is it okay if we put it on our site?

Sure.

Yesterday I schetced the outline of a map of Linnakangas and Eastern part of Terenttilä sectors of Taipale (the area where the battle of the Niittykasematti bunker happened in the movie Winter War). I have now the rivers, roads, and villages in place but I ran into trouble because I couldn't find a printed source that would detail the strongholds of Linnakangas area. There are lots and lots of books that have maps of Kirvesmäki and Terenttilä areas but none for Linnakangas. And according to the two bunkers were in the West end of Linnakangas, according to the book "Talvisota". (Though, I suspect that they may have really been in the East end of Terenttilä sector, as one of the maps shows two bunkers there, but that map doesn't mention their names so I can't be certain.).

If some of the other resident Finns know of any published book that gives a map of the area, please tell. However, I fear that I have to go to Military Archieves to find them and I don't have time to do that for some weeks.

- Tommi