Question on AI setup...

Reading the thread on the AI possibly cheating made me think because I have never have played except with default setup. If default is turned off, will the AI set up differently each game? Is the setup totally random? Is there any logic or method to this? Or, does the AI have 2 or 3 preset setups that it uses?

Guest Mirage2k

I've found that the AI varies its set-ups quite well, especially in VoT. And it's all very logical...the AI plants its units where it thinks they will do the most good. If, however, there are only a few good places to put that 88mm AT gun (as in Reisburg of the Beta Demo), then it won't vary the position as often.

As far as I know, the AI doesn't select from preset set-ups.

-Andrew

Survivor: AP US History Exam

It seems that AI setup can be different every time, as can attack or defense strategy. This adds considerably to reply value IMO; two plays of the same side on the same scenario can be very different.

Also, since there are the 'quick battle' scenarios with random force structures on random maps, the AI must ultimately have some way of choosing based on terrain, objectives, and unit capabilities, rather than having 'canned' setups for each scenario.

Guest Big Time Software

The AI doesn't have any 'presets', except for the default setup of the scenario, if you count that. If you allow it freedom to set up, it'll choose something different every time.

Charles