Ammo conservation question

Hi boys,

I am new to this forum, but have been playing CM for a couple weeks now. I am having a problem with a reinforced Battlion sized qb. My halftracks seem to love to target retreating inf. at about 900m. With my ammo getting to a critical state, what is the best way to have my troops / halftracks calm down with the rate of fire? Thanks in advance for the help

The normal way to stop units firing is to tell them to Hide. It may seem funny to issue a 'hide' command instead of just 'hold your fire', but it does make sense - if a unit isn't allowed to fire, they'd want to minimise the chances of being fired upon, and therefore they'd want to hide. Don't take the graphics too literally - a hiding unit will lie down, but this is just to indicate they're hiding, it doesn't mean they would actually be hugging the ground in reality.

David

------------------

There's a splinter in your eye, and it reads REACT

Guest Michael emrys

Another thing you might think about is to move them where they cannot see the retreating enemy units, but can still see and fire on those units that are still in the fight. There are various ways to do this including putting smoke between your halftracks and the retreaters (assuming you have unused smoke and nothing better to do with it).

Michael